Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hybrid Designs Survivor Challenge #2


Well I have just finsished my 2nd challenge for the Hybrid Designs Survivor Challenge. This one was a dooley...we had to complete a LO with:

2 Colours only
LO must have a title, sub-title and journaling

1 Journal Block

Distressing
2
4 x 6 photos

I had such a cute photo of my niece looking through green plastic and looking at the world in green - so I decided to photoshop the image converting everything to black and white except for the green plastic, add some Basic Grey papers and a Becky Fleck page map from May last year and the result is this.




Recipe
Cardstock: Bazzil
Paper: Basic Grey - urban prarie: hayfield and bluebird
Flowers: Prima and Kaiser
Bling: Say it in Crystals
Stamps: Delish Alpha Bites and Autumn Leaves
Ink: Versacolour
Stitching: Hand stitching using in Stitchz limeade by Bazzil

Cardvaarks seeing spots challenge
Yesterday I found out that one of the teachers I work with - Hayley Hill had her baby. Lawson was born last Monday and so I got my head down to making a card welcoming him to Hayley's family. Using the left overs from my LO and the inspiration of polka dots from the Cardvaark blog, this is the result:



Recipe
Cardstock: Bazzil
Paper: Basic Grey - urban prarie: hayfield and bluebird
Panda paper piecing pattern: Precious Piecings by Lisa
Ribbon: ???
Embossing: Cuttlebug

This year: 18 Birthday cards, 2 Mothers Day cards, 1 Fathers Day card, 2 Easter cards, 2 Thankyou cards, 1 Goodluck Card, 1 Valentine card, 3 new baby card, 1 minibook, 1 12x12 LO and 1 double page layout.....

2 comments:

  1. this looks really gorgeous...I love the layout for HD and the card is so cute..Im in love

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is that dimensional bear ... adorable card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! You made my Day!