Saturday, January 19, 2019

MFT - The Birthday Project Challenge

This card is a little bit of cool on a day expected to get to 44 Celcius (111 F) ...arghhh.  I thanks the heavens for reverse cycle air conditioning which has been running since 9am this morning.  Birthday cards are always a must for my stash as well as sales so the MFT Birthday challenge hit the spot this week.  I was amazed to find how FEW present stamps I have in my stash, so had to revert back to an old TE Christmas stamp set to get the gift images.  Polar Bear Pals is my favorite MFT stamp set (that I have ;o) at the moment and it is getting a real bashing!

Challenge tools - most of them ;o)

I started by stamping the image and sentiment directly on to the card to use as a guide for the distress ink background - loving the new Distress ink brush tools - so much more control over the deepness of colour and blending.  I used some removable post it to mask of the ground and once I had the background done used some Dr Phil Martin Bombay Ink in white to add the splatters and then a white PITT artist pen to ground the polar bear.
MFT Polar Bear Pals


I stamped the gift and bear onto Neenah paper and coloured with copics - keeping to the current Colour Throwdown colours.  I restamped the sentiment onto the same card stock and added to the card with some craft foam.  I will make a few of these cards as they are super simple and my Misti is all set up and ready to go!

MFT Polar Bear Pals Birthday Challenge


6 comments:

  1. This is adorable, love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet bear and love the background! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your coloring! Adorable scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable! love that bear. thanks for linking up with CTD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this adorable winter scene! You rocked the throwdown colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wanda....fun fun fun colours to work with!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! You made my Day!