Sunday, December 30, 2018

No line water colouring



Kristina Werner provided some serious inspiration for this card which started with me wanting to have a go at the no line water colouring technique.  As I trolled YouTube for tutorials I found her video. I wanted to make a new baby card for a friend who is due VERY soon.  I started off by stamping the image on to a smooth watercolour paper using Antique Linen distress ink before water colouring the image with Tattered Straw and Brushed Corduroy Distress inks with a hint of Worn Lipstick for the cheeks.  I fussy cut the image out leaving a narrow white border.

Next I watercolour the background paper using Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feather and Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.  I created a pocket for the sequins by stitching acetate to the front of the background along 3 sides, filling with a range of sequins and then stitching it closed.  I cut 3 Baby die cuts and glued them together to create extra dimension.  I then attached the image and sentiment to the sequin pocket before adhering the pocket to the front of a card base.

Mama Elephant - Honey Bunny
I am super happy with my first try at no line water colouring and think it may be one of my new favorite things. 

MFT - Polar Bear Pals

I got straight back into it to try the technique using a different image from My Favorite Things - Polar Bear Pals.  I used the colour inspiration for the MFT colour challenge.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! You made my Day!