Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cards for Boys.....

Is it just me or do these flumox you.......I always struggle with birthday cards for boys...especially those for the big boys but today I am happy with this little card - for a little boy! This little guy is another digi I got from 'Some Odd Girls' - pretty cute huh! I've used inspiration from Case Study and colours from Play Date Cafe . Originally the colours there stumped me, but with a little copic colouring of some Basic Grey papers to MAKE them fit the colour profile I was happy with the result!





Recipe
Cardstock: Coredinations
Paper: Basic Grey {Wander - Element Stickers, Vroom and Standby}
Ink: Memento Tuxedo
Stamps: Some Odd Girls - Hip Kody
Copics: YR14, YR21, YR23, G20, G24, G29, G67, E00, E02, E08, E51, E53, E57, C1, C5, C8, 100
Pens: Uniball Signo White and Zig Writer

This year: 6 Birthday cards, 2 thankyou cards, 2 just a note cards, 2 Baby Cards, 1 valentine, 2 Christmas cards, 6 12x12 LOs and 4 double 12x12 LOs

10 comments:

  1. Lovin this! A while back I was looking for a birthday card for a friend. I had zero luck finding what I was looking for. I told a group of friends about this problem one night while we were having a few drinks. We proceeded to get smashed and make up a bunch of greeting cards we found funny. I had been writing down the cards we made up and the next morning I read them. Much to my surprise the cards were still funny even when sober.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous way to use the colours Leigh! This card is fantastic! thanks for playing at the PDCC this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, boy cards flummox me too! I like how you colored this little guy; it's quite good! THanks for playing with us at THe Play DAte Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card for a boy! You have used such great patterns and combination of elements. Don't you just love that wander collection! So glad you played along at the Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually struggle with boys cards too, maybe because I have girls!! you have done a brilliant job with this one, sensational copic work!
    thanks for playing along at CASE study this week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow if I could struggle with boy cards and come up with something this creative I'd be a happy girl! Well done, fab job, love it! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a great boy card! Those are always so hard for me. So glad you joined us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!!Such a fantastic boy card!!! Wonderful Copic colouring!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is completely fantastic - such a fun boy card! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great "boy" card! Love your coloring skills and the design is awesome! Thanks for joining us at both the Play Date Cafe and CASE Study challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! You made my Day!